June 8, 2021
11:00am - 12:00pm EDT
Online through Chemistry World
Join us for our free webinar hosted by Chemistry World:
Li-ion Battery Electrolyte Degradation Characterization by Mass Spectrometry
Lithium-ion batteries have undoubtedly changed the world around us, but in order for the technology to evolve, it’s essential that we understand the chemistry within. To make the next generation of batteries safer, longer lasting and with higher capacity, it’s especially important that we understand how the electrolyte becomes degraded over time by chemical interactions.
This webinar demonstrates a methodology for comparing battery samples and detecting chemical components that may have undergone chemical degradation.
- Get an overview of lithium-ion batteries and their critical role in powering the future
- Gain insight into common battery R&D challenges and opportunities
- Learn a methodology for using high-resolution mass spectrometry in the analysis of volatile and non-volatile lithium-ion battery electrolyte degradants to give insights into battery ageing
- Bryan Katzenmeyer, Senior Manager, Materials Science, Americas Field Marketing, Waters Corporation
- Chris Stumpf, Senior Manager, Strategic Program Development, Materials Science, Waters Corporation
- Sarah Dowd, Senior MS Applications Specialist, Waters Corporation