See MS – The Practical Art, LCGC
- Incipient Technologies: Desorption and Thermal Desorption Techniques, Vol. 25, No. 10 December 2007
- Why this is important: Describes and compares techniques such as DESI, DART and ASAP with realistic appraisals for their use.
- Alternatives in the Face of Chemical Diversity, Vol. 25, No. 4, April 2007
- Why this is important: Explores prospects for applying GC and other not-so-typical techniques to contemporary instruments designed for atmospheric work.
- Ionization Revisited, Vol. 24, No. 12, December 2006
- Why this is important: An overview of the major ionization techniques in use today with references.
- Balogh, M.P., The Commercialization of LC-MS During 1987-1997: A Review of Ten Successful Years, LC/GC, Vol. 16 no 2 135-144, February 1998.
- Van Berkel, G.J., Pasilis, S. P., Ovchinnikova, O., Established and emerging atmospheric pressure surface sampling/ionization techniques for mass spectrometry, Journal of Mass Spectrometry, Vol. 43, no. 9, 1161-1180 2008
- Knox, J.H., Practical Aspects of LC Theory, Journal of Chromatographic Science, 15, (1977) 357