Dates for 2021
November: Day 1 Tuesday 16th, Day 2 Tuesday 23rd and Day 3 Tuesday 30th
Due to COVID-19 restrictions we will continue to deliver this course remotely.
Virtual Classroom – In the virtual classroom experience each user will be invited into a Microsoft Teams Meeting and ReadyTech Event session. In the Teams Meeting the students will be able to speak with the instructor and other students and watch as the instructor provides live software demonstrations. In the ReadyTech platform the students will access their own virtual Empower workstations, where they will be able to follow along with the instructor and simultaneously interact with the software. The instructor can monitor progress on the student ReadyTech desktop and guide as necessary. Invitations to both forums will be sent prior to the start of the class. An internet connection and a computer system are required for this course. The Teams and ReadyTech platforms are accessed through internet browser windows.
This intensive three-day course (spread over 3 weeks, one day per week) shows how to use many advanced features of Empower 3 chromatography software. The emphasis is on organising, acquiring, processing, and reporting chromatographic data. Additional topics include adding custom sample descriptions and creating custom calculations for chromatographic data. This instructor led hands-on computer course is for experienced Empower and Millennium³² chromatography software users.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions we will continue to deliver this course remotely via our Readytech software training platform.
The Pro interface for organising information, acquiring and processing data, and creating custom fields and reports.
- Login window properties
- The user perspective on system policies and privileges
- Understanding the effects of system policies
- Default strings
- User accounts, user types, user groups, group administrator
- Acquisition servers and chromatographic systems
- Cloning projects and multi-project searching
- Organising and accessing information in Empower
- Creating view filters
- Using just-in-time view filters
- Comparing method versions
- Lock/unlock channels
- Creating a sample set method template
- Developing a processing method manually in review
- Traditional vs. Apex Track detection and integration theory
- Global peak detection parameters
- Using integration events
- Noise and drift calculations in Empower
- System Suitability
- Altering sample information and batch/background processing
- Reviewing results and calibration curves
- Adding points, ignoring points
- Saving calibration curves, using an earlier calibration curve, recalculating results
- Troubleshooting calibration curves
Creating Custom Fields
- Adding sample identifiers using the keyboard or selection from a list you create for data entry
- Adding component specific numerical information
- Calculations with peaks
- Boolean calculations with peaks
- Using text strings as the output for peak calculations
- Inter-sample calculations
- Creating custom reports- Individual and Summary Report Methods
- Customizing headers and footers with logos and special information
- Using Empower to generate reports for methods
- Using data filters
- Creating composite groups
- Summarizing statistical information for replicate injects of one standard
- Using overlay chromatograms and ordering tables
- Summarizing statistical information for replicate injections of multiple standards
- Using composite groups to associate and order chromatograms and tables
- Summarizing component information for all results in a result set
- Arranging chromatograms and tables next to each other on the report page
This course is for users who know Empower Software or Millennium³² chromatography software fundamentals and seek fast-paced, intensive training on advanced features using the Pro interface. The topics are for experienced users who want to access the flexibility built into Empower and customise their use of the software to meet individual lab application needs. If you are an experienced Millennium³² or Empower user, this instructor led training course combined with hands-on computer use is the right course for you.
Attendees must have at least four months experience using Millennium³² or Empower Software.
Each attendee receives course manuals for reference and will receive a Certificate of Attendance