A unique, revolutionary off-axis ion source technology that delivers class leading UPLC-MS/MS sensitivity
• Patented ion transfer device to maximise sensitivity
• Up to 25x increase in signal
• Actively removes neutrals to reduce contamination
• Revolutionary off-axis design maximises method robustness with complex matrices
• Compatible with UPLC and multi-mode MS acquisition speeds
Based on stacked ring ion guide technology, the StepWave is an elegant device designed to maximise ion transmission from the source to the mass analyser. Through its unique design, the device also allows for the active removal of neutral contaminants, providing an enhancement to overall signal to noise. The patented design enables the efficient capture of the diffuse ion cloud entering the first stage, which is then focused into the upper ion guide for transfer to the mass analyser.
StepWave's unique design actively extracts the ion beam into the upper stage, and passes the high gas flow, excess solvent and neutral species to the exhaust. This protects the critical upper ion guide and the subsequent aperture from the direct line of sight of contaminants, ensuring that methods remain robust for longer, even with complex matrices.